Clenbuterol is a rather interesting drug that has bronchodilator properties. It is prescribed to people with asthma. The drug quickly came into bodybuilding and fitness, proving to be an anti-catabolic and fat burner. It is also worth mentioning the increase in muscle contraction when taking the drug. Let’s look at it in more details.
Properties of Clenbuterol
Clenbuterol is used in medicine to dilate the airways and reduce shortness of breath. It works like a beta-2 agonist, like ephedrine.
- Release of fatty acids.
- Adipose tissue decreases due to increased adrenaline production.
- The body temperature rises.
- Metabolism accelerates.
- Decreased appetite.
- The production of the catabolic hormone cortisol is suppressed. That is, it helps prevent muscle breakdown.
In addition, it has weak anabolic properties. But this is less pronounced than fat burning and its anti-catabolic properties.
In general, Clenbuterol helps you burn fat while keeping your muscles from breaking down. The perfect combination for drying!
Clenbuterol in sports
The drug is actively used in fitness and bodybuilding. Many people take it without even being an active athlete. Usually the purpose of such an application is to lose weight.
Its main application is:
- Pre-competitive training of athletes who aim to maintain the maximum muscle mass, with a low-carbohydrate diet, as well as reduce the amount of subcutaneous fat.
- At the end of AAS cycle to inhibit the catabolic phase and maintain strength performance. Since the drug is able to reduce the production of cortisol, it prevents the breakdown of protein and the breakdown of glycogen (polysaccharide) stored in muscle cells. This makes the drug indispensable after the cycle, to maintain muscle mass.
- Improving the quality of training. I assume under quality the improved blood supply of muscles and increase in strength. A small dose of Clenbuterol before training (20-40 mcg) will give an excellent result when using pumping.
10 μg = 0.01 mg (manufacturers specify the dosage differently).
When taking the drug you need to pay attention to the dosage. The average daily dosage is 40-160 mcg, often taking 200 mcg, but 120 mcg is quite acceptable dose. Usually the athlete starts with one tablet a day and then increases the dosage by one tablet daily to achieve the optimal dosage. The main thing to remember is that the tolerability of the drug is individual. Listen to your body.
The drug should be taken for two weeks, followed by a break of 14 days in order to restore beta-adrenoreceptors. Otherwise, due to the loss of receptor sensitivity, the effectiveness of Clenbuterol will begin to decline. It is recommended to take daily, despite the high half-life, exceeding a day.
Heart rate disorders (heart rate);
Tremor (shaking hands).
However, do not worry. As a rule, all side effects disappear in 5-7 days. Personally, I almost did not notice any side effects when used in a dosage of 120 mcg. To reduce side effects and increase the duration of administration, Clenbuterol is taken together with ketotifen.
Stacking with other drugs
- An excellent combination of Clenbuterol in a dosage of 120-160 mcg with metformin (2500 mg). Thus, these drugs can enhance each other’s actions. Clenbuterol in this case helps to eliminate the negative properties of metformin, in particular, the feeling of fatigue.
- Anabolic steroids such as oxandrolone and testosterone also have the ability to enhance the effects of clenbuterol.
- It is recommended to use the drug together with triiodothyronine only for experienced athletes.
Undoubtedly, Clenbuterol is very interesting for fans of strength sports, fitness, bodybuilding, etc. Many athletes call it an indispensable fat burner, but I would call this property secondary, after all, in the first place – it is anti-catabolic drug. The ability of Clenbuterol to burn fat cannot be compared with the use of ephedrine in combination with caffeine. Despite all the side effects that can scare away people who decide to take Clenbuterol, it justifies its use and is used quite often during drying. I would call it an indispensable helper in the fight against cortisol and fat deposits, and it has mild anabolic properties.