- Although Rybelsus is not a weight loss drug, many people lose weight while taking it.
- People lost, on average, five pounds (2.3kg) while taking Rybelsus 7mg, and 8.1 pounds (3.7kg) while taking Rybelsus 14mg.
- One of the ways Rybelsus works is by helping to make you feel full after a meal.
Rybelsus (semaglutide) is an oral medicine that is used to improve blood sugar control in adults over the age of 18 with type 2 diabetes. It may be prescribed as first-line therapy in addition to diet and exercise or in addition to other medications typically used for type 2 diabetes.
Weight losses of 2kg to 4kg may occur in people taking Rybelsus for type 2 diabetes. Research has shown that after 26 weeks people lost an average of:
- 5 pounds (2.3kg) while taking Rybelsus 7mg
- 8.1 pounds (3.7kg) while taking Rybelsus 14mg.
People with a higher initial body weight and those experiencing more digestive symptoms may be more likely to lose weight once treatment with Rybelsus has started